Resource Editor with Scripting Engine
Resource Tuner Console is not a part of Resource Tuner, it's another Heaventools product for resource editing. However, in some cases they are great compliments to each other: Resource Tuner Console makes changes, Resource Tuner GUI lets you check and verify the changes made.
Resource Tuner Console addresses the challenge of editing and updating different resource types in numbers of executable files from the command line within a second at the final stage of your post-build process. This is a programmable script-driven resource editing solution targeted at software developers who are looking to automate the task of editing resources.
You Need It. You Just Didn't Know That.
The idea behind is simple: why bother with resources at design time, when you can fine tune all your Vista icons, strings and version numbers at the post-build stage. Normally the post-build stage involves code signing and protection of your software product. Now you can add to this a reliable, seamless and repeatable process for updating and customizing multiple resources in your application - and in your setup exe file.
The program is well suited for integrating into your build system, and takes the drudgery out of manual editing and repetitive tasks. Resource Tuner Console fully supports Unicode and lets you edit strings in multiple languages, swap icons, update version information for several hundred files at once, and more.
We offer a free 60-day trial version, so you can try the software, risk free. It is limited to processing only two files at a time. Download Resource Tuner Console
Resource Tuner Console comes with the examples that explain basic functionality and demonstrate many of the features available in Resource Tuner Console. Check out the samples to get an idea what Resource Tuner Console can do for you.
Sample scripts illustrated the main features can also be found within the Resource Tuner Console package.
What You Can Do With Resource Tuner Console
Resource Tuner Console is a console tool for replacing resources inside 32- and 64-bit exe, dll and res files. It's a great timesaver. It does not require manual opening files. It is 1000 times faster than traditional resource editors so you can get onto more important things!
At any stage of your build process, or anytime later, now you can:
- Add, edit, rename, replace, or delete string resources in executables
- Add, delete, or update file version information
- Add, replace, or update icons of all sizes
- Replace or add a manifest into the resource section of the PE file
- Modify the language for all of the resources in the files to one uniform value
- Convert a multi-lingual resource directory into a single-language one
- Create a copy of the resource with another specified language
- Provide support for multi-byte international character sets
- Export and save an entire file's resources as a resource DLL
Do you have to prepare multiple branded OEM versions of your software? Do you have to build a custom EXE file for each of your OEM partner? Do you need a localized version? Then you simply can't afford to not be using this software.
Customize your single source .EXE file with new icons, bitmaps, logos, custom strings, version variables, manifests and more. Since you now have a solution, you should automate the resource editing process. Setting up an automated way to apply your changes couldn't be simpler.
How It Works
Resource Tuner Console accepts input from a script file. It reads and executes scripts using the Windows Scripting Host engine. Any active script language installed and supported by Windows Scripting Host can be used for scripts. At the moment, it uses VBScript by default as a general scripting language.
Scripting is the only flexible way to let you access and edit a wide range of different resource types in large numbers of executable files. It also allows you to reuse the same subroutines or functions many times in different situations.
The sample scripts provide real-world examples that demonstrate many of the features available in Resource Tuner Console. It may be helpful to use these sample scripts as a template for your own scripts. Basically, all you have to do is replace the filenames and paths to source and destination locations.
|Process Folder||Shows how to batch process the contents of a directory.
For each file found the script:
- Sets the English-US language for all of the resources in the file
- Modifies the Version Information
|Test Script||This script shows how to:
- Modify a String Table using a definition file
- Add a new String Table
- Modify a Message Table
- Update a Version Info resource
- Create a copy of the resource (Message Table) with another language
- Outputs a resource tree to a log file
- Save the entire file's resources as a resource DLL
|Edit Version||This code shows how to:
- Set the English-US language for all of the resources
- Modify the Version Information.
- Modify the FileVersion and ProductVersion entries using the placeholders
|Edit Icons||Shows how to:
- Add or replace single icons one by one or the whole icon group
- Output the changes in the Resource Tree to a log file
|Edit Icons XP and Vista||Shows how to:
- Add or replace XP icon group (9 icons at once) from an ico file
- Add a 256x256 PNG-compressed icon (a Vista icon)
- Sort out the added icons in the right order
- Output the changes in the Resource Tree to a log file.
|Edit Strings||Shows how to:
- Modify a String Table using values from an external unicode text file
- Modify a Message Table using values from an external unicode text file